Maintaining a reliable computer system requires a proactive approach to maintenance. Preventive maintenance
ensures the stability and availability of your critical systems, minimising hardware failures and software crashes.
For a simple computer system, preventive maintenance will mean booking your computer in (or having us come out) for around one hour per year; we will:
- Check the currency and validity of backups.
- Review logs, identifying any issues and required action.
- Ensure all updates for operating systems and critical software are being installed
- Check the condition of your hardware, in particular its cleanliness and any noises
Check the current state of your computer security
Check for unnecessary auto-runs, drivers for obsolete hardware, etc.
For a more complex network, preventive maintenance service is tailored to your needs, with an agreed checklist of services and checks conducted at agreed intervals for a fixed monthly price, and with contract rates for any additional services.
These schedules will include all the items above, plus (if applicable):
- Managed updates for devices that need regular firmware updates.
- Reviewing logs of security systems such as virus and spyware scans.
- Checking firewall logs for evidence of attacks and unauthorised access attempts.